Saturday, June 11, 2011

Messy Day=Messy Drawing


My mother likes to collect plants and exhibit them around the house. She has a green thumb, so yeah, you can imagine our back yard, too. I decided to skid off my regular style, and try a different approach. Messy basically describes this drawing, and I'm not too sure how I should feel about it. I tried varying the line quality as well as the different approach of colors. I guess yesterday's drawing was intervening with this one today....
The difference however, is obviously the type of paper I used and medium. I went drastic, by using a regular pen, as well as water-soluble crayons. They are pretty fun to use, and you can get a lot of different results with them. I created the water color effect on them, by pushing the colors around with a brush and water. So there you have it...the Peace Lily flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment